The marketplace for Premium Themes — & — Templates

2,206,188 People using Mojo
353,526 Downloaded items
2115 Marketplace items
2 Green Monsters

Big problems in little Mojo.

Forums General Big problems in little Mojo.

This topic contains 29 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Brady Nord 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I have to say I am getting a bit bored with MojoThemes now, what started off as a great bunch of peeps out to give TF a run for their money has become just a headache to me. Sorry guys, I love Mojo and I truly wish it wasn't this way but when I log in I get a number on a yellow dot by my name, I click it and there's nothing there – no messages or anything, wtf? 

When I upload a theme I have to then mummy Mojo asking them if they've reviewed it yet or not; my 'Fabrique' theme got added and a buyer reported that he/she got only a HTML file (it's a zip containing PSD's and a Help file so again wtf).

Bored, bored, bored. 

weborithm

Agree, I think they're doing too little and too slow.

Free theme installation? Really? I understand you want to get more users on the marketplace. But since almost every host out there offers one click install this is just the wrong way, in my opinion, of going about to do that

Is there anyway we can get an “X” on that horrendous banner above so we don't have to see it if we don't want too, please!

Anonymous

I guess the free theme installation is because of the newbies getting stuck and moaning it's the Dev's fault…oh..hold on I've got 10 non-existent messages here (I wonder if I'll actually see something when I click that email icon this time)..sheesh! 

weborithm

Then doing it for a month is not going to help them at all, because there will be a whole new batch of newbies coming up again, and again, and again…

I think they could've spent their time doing something more productive than installing themes.

Anonymous

True, such a shame to see it going to the dogs. 

You on Twitter buddy? Me= @robbydesigns (http://twitter.com/robbydesigns)

J.R. Farr
    Key Master

Hey Robby, Hey Weborithm,

I just read through this thread and wanted to chime in.

@Robby, the new notification bar just rolled out yesterday so thanks for pointing out that you're having an issue with that. We'll make sure to test on our end what you're seeing and fix that. Also, on the download note, I remember that person having issues. The file they downloaded was a filename.zip.html and we could never duplicate the issue. However, we made sure to handle the situation quickly for the buyer. 

@Weborithm I can completely understand where you're coming from. For one, yes we'll get a close button on this banner. Duh. In regards to the promo, we thought this would be a great way to boost sales for sellers as you would be surprised how many buyers are first timers. Yes, there's one-click installs but they have no idea what they even means. 

We put ourselves out there and tried something different with this promotion. We had not seen anyone else do it before and we thought it would boost sales and also give back to the community at the same time. I'm curious to hear more feedback on the promo but it's great to hear your feedback as a seller on the site. Maybe we wrong about doing this promo?

Anyway, it's always good to get feedback from you guys and I'm sorry for your frustrations. We are working hard but we know there's still room for improvement on our end. 

Thanks again,
    J.R. 

weborithm

@JR I appreciate all that you guys are doing to prop up the marketplaces and I hope this works out in your favor. I hope our expressions are not counted against us for inclusion in any future promotions, like the Anniversary Bundle ;-)

I imagine you did this with some data at hand, i.e past users emailing you for help with install issues, personally I would have used affiliate links in the Buyers page with a few select hosting account providers and a detailed video overview of how to set it up. You could still do that and make a ton of referral income.

Another idea would be to ask authors if perhaps they would want to be placed on a special page (which only the buyers would see) where they can advertise their services for install etc…that way, those who want to…can help out with all this nitty gritty stuff and you guys can work out more amazing, bone-crushing improvements to the marketplace.

Just my thoughts. Best of luck with the promotion!

J.R. Farr
    Key Master

@Weborithm – Thank you for the response. This is exactly what I think we were looking for to be added to your first posts. We definitely hear your concerns but also adding suggestions or ideas like you just did is perfect. I love the ideas you just had as well and we'll definitely put those into consideration. 

One quick note, your comments will count against you. Haha! We encourage our community to be open with us as long as it's constructive! ;)  

weborithm

J.R. Farr said:

One quick note, your comments will count against you. Haha! We encourage our community to be open with us as long as it’s constructive! ;)  

Aww, man! Me and my big mouth!

Edit: Thanks for the X button :-D

Anonymous

@weborithm – looks like we're both in the ?!*t then :)

@JR – I see you got the 'x' on that promo banner, that was quick, nice one. The issue with my 'Fabrique' coming down as an HTML file – did you guys replace the zip? I was told to edit my upload but there is no 'Edit' button (perhaps an idea for future improvements to Mojo)??

The WP installation promo, only you guys can know how well that is received as you're the ones doing the work but I think it's at least a friendly idea and Mojo are a friendly bunch but perhaps this is a service you guys could charge for? After all, not many theme marketplaces offer installation so there's money to be made.

Finally, sorry to be such a moaner but can you please add the name of the theme when you guys review our uploads, I've uploaded 2 this week got a 'No' to one today but dunno which one it was 'Bella' or 'Beds4Pets'? (Any chance of letting me know please)..?

Cheers. 

weborithm

robbydesigns said:

@weborithm – looks like we're both in the ?!*t then :)

As long as we got each other!

Sweet Themes

J.R. Farr said:

We put ourselves out there and tried something different with this promotion. We had not seen anyone else do it before and we thought it would boost sales and also give back to the community at the same time. I'm curious to hear more feedback on the promo but it's great to hear your feedback as a seller on the site. Maybe we wrong about doing this promo?

Only sensible way to judge that is sales stats. :D  

ThemeShapers

Imo the affiliate scheme should be changed. Once you get past the '30% is a nice amount' and then realise 'oh wait, thats for the first purchase only after signup..' the incentive to generate traffic dries up (other than on your own items).

Reduce the amount per affiliate (10-20%, or as high as can be tolerated) make it a short term cookie and apply effectively to each referred sale, and it then becomes a very different beast. I for one would start promoting items other than my own :)

I think the major advantage the other marketplace has over this one, is the huge network of high traffic sites under the parent company banner which feeds traffic in. Without this, I think Mojo needs to be more aggressive with the affiliate scheme ;)

Anonymous

shesh, now the 'Upload' doesn't work – keeps moaning I haven't added the zip even though I haven't. This is beyond a joke now :(

Brady Nord
    Key Master

Robby, hey man I realize you are having issues but there is a much better way to let us know about your issue then on the forum. We have a whole support team and development team always available to help. If you want a direct solution to your problems please email us to let us know rather then just mention it here. 

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.