The marketplace for Premium Themes — & — Templates

2,206,229 People using Mojo
353,559 Downloaded items
2115 Marketplace items
2 Green Monsters

Commission Rates

Forums General Commission Rates

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  J.R. Farr 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

weborithm

I don't want to be nosy, but has anyone on this marketplace hit a higher commission rate yet? It seems like that number we need to hit before our earnings goes one step up is just soooooo far away.

I'm going to be uploading a lot more themes here so hopefully I reach it soon enough, but I think Mojo would do good to revise those rates a bit.

What do other authors think?

nathrat

I’ve always kinda wished it was based on $ amount instead of # of sales myself. Would be cool if there was more tiers too. Instead of going up by just 5. Why not allow to make 51, 52, etc. Just so we feel like we’re making some progress.

henerz

nathrat said:

I've always kinda wished it was based on $ amount instead of # of sales myself. Would be cool if there was more tiers too. Instead of going up by just 5. Why not allow to make 51, 52, etc. Just so we feel like we're making some progress.

The only problem with $ amount is say if someone sells plugins for a price only half of an average theme price, then it would take them twice as long, that's probably why they went for the perecentage logic instead. Although I do like the idea of 51, 52 etc…

Weblusive

Yep, +1 for revision. I've almost always been in top authors list since my first WP theme and still, I've got this – “336 more sales until you get 55%”. I guess this will be in the end of the next year ))

Rubin

Hey,

I also think there should be a slight adjustment, still we shouldn't forget that someone who is refering his own theme is getting 50% + 30% this means 80% which is quite good. Indeed I know sellers should get rewarded for staying a long time with mojo so maybe the badges should have a slight influence on the % of revenue. All in all we should look for a good balance between both sides.

J.R. Farr
    Key Master

Hey guys, hopefully it's better late than never but today we announced the new commission rates. Sorry for the delay but we hope you're happy with this. ;)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.