The marketplace for Premium Themes — & — Templates

2,206,199 People using Mojo
353,534 Downloaded items
2115 Marketplace items
2 Green Monsters

Dribbble

Forums General Dribbble

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Ruven

Heyyy, I already got myself one of those trendy Dribbble accounts but appearntly I can't post any screenshots since I'm not a “player”. Does anybody has an invitation for me so I can start dribbbling?

In exchange I offer food and shelter in my spaceship for the next end of the world :)

Addy: support[at]ruventhemes.com

Ruven

:)

Anonymous

You'd probably be best to follow designers on Twitter to get an invite buddy though I call it 'Drivvvle' cuz I really don't see the point especially when people post images of the top 100px by 100px of a design..

Ruven

Thanks for the tip robby. I'm starting to like dribbble. It's really well done and it's a good marketing tool too :)

Anonymous

“it's a good marketing tool “..how do you mean buddy? Do you get work from it? If so maybe I should join..

Ruven

Are you kidding me? This guy just got hired by Apple cuz they saw his work on Dribbble: http://dribbble.com/taylorcarrigan

Anonymous

Hired by Apple? Wow! 

I need a Dribble invite…

J.R. Farr
    Key Master

Hey, I’m coming in at halftime with dribbble but luckily I was able to get an invite. I was wondering if anyone else here was on there? Let me know so I can follow you!

Also, here’s by debut shot — “Alley Oop!” drbl.in/bOLA

Anonymous

@jr Your link needs the http:// buddy but I got there – nice shot. I'm looking for a Dribbble invite although I am a member of Forrst.

nathrat

nice debut shot jr.

J.R. Farr
    Key Master

@Robby — Thanks for the heads up, just fixed the link. Yeah once I get some invites I'll be the first to let you guys know. 

@Nathrat — Thanks man! 

Flash_Cart

Maybe I'll get hired @Apple soon too then? Only, it will have to be a work from home position because I watch my children all day until the Mrs. comes home.

I've been getting great freelance work from my files here on Mojo btw. I've earned well over $1000 in freelance cash & an HTC Evo from only 2 files here.

I just started on Dribbble and have been getting quite a great response on my shots. I have yet to earn any Dribbble invites to being drafting players for my team.

If you want to get an invite, find a pro and ask them to draft you. They will want to see your work before they draft you more than likely.

Forrst is also a cool place to get feedback on designs btw although I like Dribbble better because you can promote your own work without being penalized for it. Dribbble is designed so that you can promote yourself. Most other community websites and marketplace sites, traditionally speaking anyways, are not in favor of helping you promote yourself. Dribbble is cool, if not for this reason alone.

:)

J.R. Farr
    Key Master

Sean — That's great to hear you've already made over $1,000 in work not mention your sales commissions as well. ;)

Anyway, I do agree with you Forrst is great for different reasons. I do like how Dribbble allows you to promote or tease your own work. On the other hand if you want real genuine help or feedback on something you're working on, design or code, Forrst is much better. 

Anonymous

Interesting replies, maybe my never being sent a password to Forrst is a good thing after all; I have enough critics as it is ;)

Trouble is, it seems, I'm not good enough for a Dribbble invite. I may be giving up anyway, work is getting very lean and I only survive thanks to the money I make as a martial arts teacher. 

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.