The marketplace for Premium Themes — & — Templates

2,206,217 People using Mojo
353,548 Downloaded items
2115 Marketplace items
2 Green Monsters

Featured Items in Blog Posts

Forums General Featured Items in Blog Posts

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Brady Nord 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

infuse

Sometimes mojo-themes is going to feature some items in a blog post – which is of course a superior way to get attention on these items. But what makes me a little bit thinking is why an author which releases his first theme here on mojo-themes gets all the attention with a special marketing as a separate blog post? Isn’t that a bit unfair against your loyal and already existing authors?

There are several sentences which lets the visitor assume that only THIS item is capable of some features which others don’t deliver and I don’t see why do you advertise like that since for example one of my own items has also all these cool features, and I'm pretty sure also other items deliver some of the same quality and feature set.

Please don’t get me wrong – I’m not jealous at all but I rather think I talk for a lot of other authors who finds that also a bit unfair like me.

Brady Nord
    Key Master

Infuse, I see your point and understand why you would feel that this might be unfair. I will go and do some revising to make sure that there are no exclusivity type phrases or words and add some links to other great business themes. 

Something to keep in mind, we randomly write posts to highlight a single item as well as do round ups which include anywhere from 10-15 items from a specific niche or category. If you feel you were neglected from something it was by no means intentional. We have a growing community and are trying to keep many people involved and happy. I will definitely keep you in mind in the future though. ;)

infuse

I don't say anything against the round ups as I completly understand that and find it kind of useful. Its just the blog post about single items – so to be fair you need to feature every single item with a single blog post otherwise there will always someone who find it a bit unfair.

nathrat

I have to say that I was a bit surprised to see a single author’s item featured in a blog post. Not that it’s not an awesome theme, the author did a fantastic job.

I’m a fan of the highlight Marketplace Mojo posts, which feature several of the favorite themes of the month or so, but singling out one author's product for exposure seems a bit unfair.

The blog post really comes off as, “Hey this is our best theme here, so don’t waste your time with the others.”

Just my 2 cents.

nathrat

So, I checked the blog posts, and it turns out you guys have featured a single item before, however it seems like it was over a year ago (Apr 2010). Perhaps, doing this more often would help cut down on the confusion, so it doesn't seem like you guys are just hooking up one author for some unknown reason (I thought maybe the author was a personal friend of somebody there).

Still I probably would try to write in in a way that doesn't harm other authors here, that's kind of a bummer.

p.s. Does anybody else have two blank boxes for the submit and cancel buttons below?

weborithm

I don't mind that you feature an author's theme by itself, but perhaps doing it with a regular schedule would be better than just one time per year. Also, whatever happened to the free theme you guys were doing per month?

@nathrat – Yes, those button are a real nuisance.

henerz

I have to say that I do agree with Infuse and Nathrat on this one, the immediate impression I got from the post was exactly the same as Nathrat's; “Hey this is our best theme here, so don't waste your time with the others.”

Furthermore, I absolutely love the idea of round-ups, but certainly not a single item, it also made me think that maybe the new author had paid or somehow got the marketing spot.

Please don't see me as being harsh or jealous, I'd just like to share my opinion.

J.R. Farr
    Key Master

Hey everyone!

This is great feedback from you guys and as Brady said, we completely see your point and understand how that came across to everyone. We’re still learning over here on how to run this marketplace the best way we can for you and this type of response from all of you is how we’ll get better. 

Thanks again guys. Expect more round up posts too! ;)

@weborithm – Yes with the re-design we lost the free theme spot so we haven’t been on top of the monthly free item. We’d still love to do that though if anyone has an item they want to giveaway for free. 

@everyone – The buttons!!! Haha. We’ll get this button issue addressed as well.

-JR

henerz

jrazzle said:

Hey everyone!

This is great feedback from you guys and as Brady said, we completely see your point and understand how that came across to everyone. We're still learning over here on how to run this marketplace the best way we can for you and this type of response from all of you is how we'll get better.

Yep, mojo is definitely on track for the ideal marketplace, if not already there, keep up the great work guys!

Brady Nord
    Key Master

Thank you everyone for your feedback, I have definitely taken it in and will consider it in the future. I think J has our thoughts summed up so I will leave it at that. 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.