The marketplace for Premium Themes — & — Templates

2,206,229 People using Mojo
353,559 Downloaded items
2115 Marketplace items
2 Green Monsters

Laptop Dual Monitors

Forums General Laptop Dual Monitors

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Rubin 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

820Media

I'm looking to buy another monitor for my laptop but will my laptop have any problems running it, power wise.

My laptops perfectly fine and doesnt get hot when I have like 30tabs open + photoshop + dreamweaver + other random stuff like MSN.

At the moment I have a standard Full HD monitor and im looking to buy the LED version of it, obviously as its a laptop I'll have to buy a VGA docking station of some sort so It can output to 2 screens but do you think it will have any problem with it?

Specs:

Core 2 Duo 2.2

nVidia 9600m GT 512mb

4GB Ram (may upgrade to 6GB in march)

Anatolie

You shouldn't have any issues with running any dual monitor, your laptop would be fine. :-) One I bought my 24″ and dualed it with my 20″, I can't even work without dual monitors, best investment you can make to being ultra productive.

Brady Nord
    Key Master

I have to agree with Anatolie. I am running a 15″ MacBook Pro with a 24″ 2nd monitor and I absolutely love it. Here is a pic of my old desk. (Still working with the same setup though)

http://cl.ly/3k013l343v3D2H1p0I1L

820Media

Brady said:

I have to agree with Anatolie. I am running a 15″ MacBook Pro with a 24″ 2nd monitor and I absolutely love it. Here is a pic of my old desk. (Still working with the same setup though)

http://cl.ly/3k013l343v3D2H1p0I1L

I have it like but I only chose to display the screen on my monitor.

Would using a VGA to Dual VGA comprimise the picture quality on both/one of the screens? Also when looking at VGA to Dual VGA or VGA “hubs” what should I look for for the best quality?

EDIT: I just spoke to nvidia customer support on twitter and they said VGA to Dual VGA wouldnt be good enough so I have to use 1 VGA to VGA for 1 monitor and 1 USB to VGA for the other.

wpexplorer

You should just build your own PC and get a high end graphics card that you know can handle it…Maybe an HD5970 :)

820Media

AJ Clarke said:

You should just build your own PC and get a high end graphics card that you know can handle it…Maybe an HD5970 :)

I would but im not that rich lol..And the VAT on PC's now is just plain stupid most of the times its like £100.

I got my new monitor earlier today, a HD LED 22″. Now all I have to do is pick one of the hispeed usb to vga adapters which is capable of HD, but all the good ones seem not available in the UK :( there goes an extra £20 on shipping from Amazon US.

wpexplorer

Yea…UK huh   – there aren't any good computer part stores out there? Move to the U.S. :)

Anyway, I actually find it hard to work with dual monitors. I prefer one 30'' monitor over two 22's anyday. One of the main reasons is that I use Windows 7 and I like being able to drag windows to the edge of the screen and have it automatically adjust to half the screen. With the dual monitor this becomes an issue.

820Media

AJ Clarke said:

Yea…UK huh   – there aren't any good computer part stores out there? Move to the U.S. :)

Anyway, I actually find it hard to work with dual monitors. I prefer one 30'' monitor over two 22's anyday. One of the main reasons is that I use Windows 7 and I like being able to drag windows to the edge of the screen and have it automatically adjust to half the screen. With the dual monitor this becomes an issue.

And i disabled that feature because I found it annoying :)

The adapter im going to get is either EVGA's UV-19+ or Plugable UGA-2k-A, now just to find stock in the UK or order off of Amazon US :)

Rubin

I rather have 2x 24 inch than 1x 30 inch. That's simply because I love throwing stuff I don't need or tools for photoshop on the right screen and having the focus on my main screen. Also mail, notes and messenger goes to the right so everything is perfectly organized. I still have spaces on my mac and so I can easily switch work environment but since I got my 2nd monitor I harldy use this feature anymore.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.