The marketplace for Premium Themes — & — Templates

2,206,229 People using Mojo
353,559 Downloaded items
2115 Marketplace items
2 Green Monsters

License Clarification

Forums General License Clarification

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  irene church 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

weborithm

I noticed that you have updated your product page UI a bit, which is great, but I would like to know about one thing.

Standard License (You can use this on personal, commercial or client projects.)

Does this allow the buyer to implement their purchase on either of the usage scenarios or just one usage scenario (notice the missing s). What I mean is, I am confused by the wording of your License, I was under the impression that one purchase can be used on one site rather than multiple. The word “projects” says otherwise.

If any Mojo heads could clarify this, that would be great!

P.S: Please fix the HTML formatting in the forums.

MBMedia

+1 on the forum HTML formatting!

Anyway, the little snippet/overview about the standard license isn't clear, but in the actual mojo license/terms it is pretty clear:

“All items sold are to be use for single domain use only. The items can be used for client work. Your use of the item is limited to a single application.”

Which is pretty standard fare for templates/themes. An unlimited-use license and the idea of redistribution are hard to separate from each other, so typically unlimited-use licenses cost considerably more than the standard $30-$50, because in many ways you're allowing the buyer to resell the same item similar to the way as it's being sold on mojo-themes. That would be a h*** of a deal for $40! (not that these things aren't already an amazing deal at $40, but you get the point)

irene church

To get knowledge about licensing and branding including every trademark ownership, you should seek a consulting firm just as this one http://eatmywords.com/services/consulting/ and meet experts directly like Alexandra Watkins she is professional in the same field.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.