The marketplace for Premium Themes — & — Templates

2,206,156 People using Mojo
353,498 Downloaded items
2129 Marketplace items
2 Green Monsters

Live Demo with PSD uploads

Forums Seller Tips Live Demo with PSD uploads

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Brady Nord 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Brady Nord
    Key Master

Hey everyone, the first thing I want to discuss is having a live demo with your PSD item.  We completely understand that not everyone knows how to code a PSD into a workable demo or else you would sell the HTML version as well.   Despite this, we do require that you upload an image of the design to a URL and use that for a live demo.  

This is absolutely crucial that there is a live demo for buyer confidence.

If you know of any good solutions to providing a live demo please let us know.  

Thanks,

MOJO Themes

Anonymous

As someone who sells a few PSD’s on Mojo I’ve been thinking about this too and personally think it’s probably best to create a page that can be used for the ‘live preview’, this page would contain a slider with each PSD preview. Trouble is if you preview it the correct size there’s always the chance someone will just save it and recreate it so a watermark would be good.

Still thinking this one over…

I wouldn’t go with a slider for accessibility reasons. Just have like a row or a grid of large thumbnails.

wpexplorer

The best solution here is the Collab program – find someone that can code it for you and make more money by offering both the PSD and the HTML file ;)

Anonymous

On second thoughts, seeing what the other guys have done here I think they have the best idea – for PSD live previews simply up a full sized image (in my case I made it as a HTML page and added a ‘no right click’ script, though not fool proof it offers a little protection http://www.robbydesigns.com/th…..index.html)

With the live preview in place I then just resized images of each PSD so that they’d be useless to a scum-bag who would otherwise save the images and try to copy them in Photoshop. 

Anatolie

I believe that when it comes to PSD live previews, the users should just link to high resolution images of their PSDs, with a Mojo watermark distributed across the previews. A nice gallery of a slideshow of what all of the PSDs come with is something that buyers want to see before purchasing that kind of an item.

Ithi

I think is bad idea that author need to worry about create any external website for “demo” of psd work. Screens should do the job.

Mario769

In my opinion there is absolutely no need for external live preview of an PSD template. I don't see a single reason why would anyone upload only PSD template if he/she has working html of the same site. Instead of live preview there should be only HQ screenshots provided for a slideshow as Ithi already said in upper post.

israelshirk

Hello, Whats going on for this New Years Chicago 2012? I'm going to be going to this bash in Chicago with 7 Hours of Art Installations, bands and DJs, Performance Art and other fun things, Check it out. New Years Eve Chicago 18 and older

Anonymous

From now on I'll be watermarking my works so I don't have to worry so much about my live PSD previews. 

mdmengo

sorry friends, How can I create a live demo page for PSD templates?

thanks!

Brady Nord
    Key Master

@mdmengo, you can just upload an image to a server and use the link for the demo url.

sunthemes

Hi, I am skill confused about the demo url  Is it needed to use an external url to show my pages?

Brady Nord
    Key Master

bbPress ANTISPAM: Spam IP: Yes, the demo should be on a url that people can see images/content.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.