The marketplace for Premium Themes — & — Templates

2,206,207 People using Mojo
353,539 Downloaded items
2115 Marketplace items
2 Green Monsters

MOJO CYBER BUNDLE: future updates included?

Forums General MOJO CYBER BUNDLE: future updates included?

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  J.R. Farr 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

melonenmann

Very important: Are future updates of the themes included?

820Media

Previous bundles excluded updates so I think it will be the same for this, afterall its a very low price for 15 Themes.

dcaceres

What?! If this is true, then I want my money back. What is worth buying a theme if I don't have access to updates?

820Media

dcaceres said:

What?! If this is true, then I want my money back. What is worth buying a theme if I don't have access to updates?

You didn't buy a single theme, you bought a bundle of them which totals over $500. Most WordPress themes are $35 but you got 15 for $29….

Other sites which do these kinds of bundles also don't offer updates so Mojo-Themes are totally justified to do this.

Brady Nord
    Key Master

Thanks for the comments 820Media and yes dcaceres, the bundle does not come with updates. This is a industry standard. 

dcaceres

Excuse me, industry standard? I buy GabFire Themes and I get upgrades for lifetime. I buy Thesis Theme and I get upgrades for lifetime. The worst case: I buy Joomlashack themes and I get one year upgrades What industry is your standard?

dcaceres

More… I buy PHP Link Directory and XZeroScripts Classifieds… and guess what: I get lifetime upgrades.

Weblusive

dcaceres => I think that's the point. All the companies listed by you offer 1 theme with lifetime upgrade. All of the themes in Mojo work like that if they are not bought as bundle. As of the bundle, you pay $2 per theme. You claim there should be lifetime updates/support for this? Would you ever offer anything like this to anyone yourself? I believe no :)

Brady Nord
    Key Master

dcaceres, sorry about the misunderstanding. I think we are talking about two different things. When we say industry standard, we are only referring to the bundle and not the rest of the items within the marketplace. I would be more than happy to offer unlimited upgrades of items if they were our items but unfortunately the sellers that have created these items have found it in their best interest to not include upgrades when selling their items within the bundle. If you were to buy an individual item from the marketplace then you would be promised unlimited upgrades. 

From my knowledge, the other businesses that you are referring to are not open marketplaces with sellers. They control the items 100% so they can decide how the item is marketed. Sorry if this is not clear or is upsetting to you. MOJO-Themes is only the marketplace (middle man) for all the items, the sellers dictate how we work. 

dcaceres

I understand that is a bundle version, but even so the price should get a minimum of updates (such as Joomlashack case I mentioned earlier). For me, it's disappointing this purchase. If possible, you can check that I only downloaded for a test theme. Can I change the package for a single theme with ALL the features lifetime updates?

nathrat

dcaceres said:

I understand that is a bundle version, but even so the price should get a minimum of updates (such as Joomlashack case I mentioned earlier). For me, it's disappointing this purchase. If possible, you can check that I only downloaded for a test theme. Can I change the package for a single theme with ALL the features lifetime updates?

Each of those 15 items has a different author so I'm not sure your comparison to those other theme places is valid. Each author receives a very modest 1 time payment to allow their theme to be used in the bundle and promote the marketplace. The real individual benefit the author gets is that it gives the bundle buyers a taste of their work and hopefully they'll like it and want to buy other products from that author.

The problem would be if that bundle sells 5000 times, the author can't really be expected to support and give out free upgrades to 5000 people when they haven't been paid for it. It also wouldn't really be fair to the buyers who bought these products individually (just 1 theme in that bundle is more than the entire bundle price) and supported the author, since they would have paid more for the theme.

You have to think of each author here as an individual “business” (for lack of a better word). Most sellers here try to bend over backwards for their buyers and if you buy their product individually you'll be entitled to free support and upgrades for the theme.

All this being said, the bundle still is an insanely good deal without support and upgrades. All the themes are very high quality and I certainly wouldn't call it a waste of money.

Hope this shed a little bit of light on why the bundle works the way it does.

p.s. I think Mojo may want to make it a bit more clear on the bundle page that support and upgrades are not included.

J.R. Farr
    Key Master

Thanks everyone for chiming in, just wanted to add to what @nathrat said and say there is a note on the bottom of the bundle page stating the items are sold as is and do not come with support.

wpexplorer

At the same time do authors have access to knowing if a theme was purchased via a bundle or not? If not, then they will end up providing support.

dcaceres

You give me reason, Nathrat… precisely because the standard that I know is that in which the creator gives a minimum of support and updates (even for a period of time) is that I think this package should give more. Well, anyway, my money was charged and I do not have anything that to advise everywhere where I participate to alert my other colleagues about this type of conditions on Mojo's bundle package.

wpexplorer

I'll say it since no one else will…it's just $29. Seems like you are wasting more time trolling on the forum then cutting your loses and getting to work. ;)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.