The marketplace for Premium Themes — & — Templates

112,500 People using Mojo
309,378 Downloaded items
1880 Marketplace items
2 Green Monsters

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Forums General The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

This topic contains 22 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  kum s park 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

g2_tex

Just downloaded Breakout them and got the message listed below when trying to install Breakout theme zip in WordPress.

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the

style.css

stylesheet.

Iz
    Key Master

Sorry about the issues you're seeing. When you first download the individual item from your downloads section. You need to unzip the file and look inside at the various files included. Some will include PSDs, documentation and of course ONLY the theme files. You should only upload the theme files. You may need to compress the theme files. This file is often called the theme within the zip you have downloaded. 

That should do the trick. :)

Thanks!

- MOJO Support

g2_tex

Got in the weeds a bit with winzip, but finally got successful install. Thanks for the quick reply and the info!

rei102387

guyz, i have a problem.. installation of breakout theme was successful but when i activated it, it says “Broken theme, stylesheet is missing” . .what should i do..

thanks, hoping for your response =)

Petr M

Hi rei102387,

did you recieve help from support? Or how did you solve this issue?

1. I downloaded the file

2. I unzipped the file

3. I found a folder entitled “Themes”

3b. I zipped that folder and tried to upload it to wordpress (error: The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.)

4. I opened the unzipped “Themes” folder

4b. I found a file named Themes 1.css and another file named Theme 2.css

4c. I zipped Themes 1.css and uploaded it to wordpress (error: The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.)

4d. I zipped Themes 2.css and uploaded it to wordpress (error: The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.)

Not sure what else to try! Please help!

Iz
    Key Master

Sorry for the issue you are seeing. You may need to compress the theme files. This file is often called the theme within the zip you have downloaded. This file will contain the header.php, .css (stylesheet). Right click this file and choose to compress. Then upload only that file. Some authors may have zipped it for you. Others do not.

Thanks!
    -MOJO Support

jumadiusman

Unpacking the package…

Installing the theme…

The package could not be installed. The theme is missing the style.css stylesheet.

Theme install failed.

I try to follow your instruction but still can’t work at my WP…. do you have any idea for my trouble..

Please help me..

jumadiusman

I try to unzip this theme now the message like this please help me..

Unpacking the package…

The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

Iz
    Key Master

All support for items happens on the actual item page. After posting your issue, the seller will be notified and can assist you. (Under the large preview image, click the Support tab and scroll to the bottom to post your question.) Please allow the seller 24 hours as some authors are international and not on US time.

Note* Take a look at the themes documentation. This is found in the theme package. Right click index.HTML and open in your browser. This is the authors instructions on how to set your theme up like the demo.

Thanks!

- MOJO Support

kimimbriglio

I am having the exact same issue.  It is very frustrating.  I bought MoJo theme Ksmart.  The only difference is there is no theme files at all in the zipped folder.  I can’t find a header.php file either.  I can’t seem to get a response to my request.

Has anyone else downloaded a theme that has no theme folder in it?

Trob
    Key Master

Hey Kim,

We just wanted to follow up with you and let you know here as well,  that we have responded to your email that Ksmart is an HTML template and we need to replace it with a WordPress compatible theme.  Looking forward to hearing from ya to take care of your issue!

Thanks,

-MOJO Support

kimimbriglio

Hi,

Thank you, yes I would appreciate that.  I will find another one.

Thank you,

kim

p.s. – sorry I didn’t realize it was an html template.  If I were a more savvy with code that would be nice…sigh, not there yet…maybe someday!

Bart Kawalec

Hi there, I’ve just bought a Class S theme and can’t find the zipped file with the themes. Can you help?

HB-Themes

Guys,

If the WordPress install is failing for you, you can always install a theme via FTP.
    Here’s a tutorial on how to do it (it’s for one of our themes, but it should be same for any theme) : http://documentation.hb-themes.com/aegaeus/#installation

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.