The marketplace for Premium Themes — & — Templates

2,206,234 People using Mojo
353,564 Downloaded items
2115 Marketplace items
2 Green Monsters

Verify someone has purchased your template

Forums General Verify someone has purchased your template

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  nathrat 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

cosmocoder

I was wondering if there was any way of knowing if someone who asks for theme support by sending a message (through Mojo) is a legitimate buyer of the theme. I have looked through the FAQ section in Mojo, but could not find anything in this regard. I will be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance.

Brady Nord
    Key Master

Hey Cosmocoder, welcome to Mojo. As far as confirming that someone has purchased your template, the only way of knowing that right now is through the item page. I would tell them to leave their question on the item page so others can use it as a reference if they have the same question and so that you can verify that they have purchased the item. There will be a buyer tag next to their name if they have purchased the item. 

I will work on a solution for the private messaging though. 

Thanks

cosmocoder

Hi Brady, thanks for the reply. So only if someone submits a comment in the item page,  I will be able to verify if that person has purchased my template.

I hope that a verification system for private messaging is implemented soon. Sometimes it is more appropriate for the user to submit a private message rather than a comment when he encounters a problem.

Weblusive

Sometimes the buyers send me the purchase confirmation screenshot when contacting me directly, so you could also consider that option.

J.R. Farr
    Key Master

@CosmoCoder – I think to clarify what Brady was saying was you can have the buyer submit a comment on the item page first to kicks things off, confirm they're a buyer then move to private messaging if it's more appropriate. 

Also, Weblusives idea could work as well until we can create a better solution for you guys. 

cosmocoder

@JR yes I only want to verify once that a person is a legitimate buyer of my template. So for now I will have to tell people, who want support for my template, to leave a comment on the item page, and after that I would discuss with them privately.

Thanks for your response.

nathrat

When I get contacted via comments with a question, I reply letting them know that I have sent them a private message with a solution.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.