The marketplace for Premium Themes — & — Templates

2,206,199 People using Mojo
353,534 Downloaded items
2115 Marketplace items
2 Green Monsters

What do you think about this?

Forums General What do you think about this?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Sanaa Themes 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Sanaa Themes

What do you think about people, especially big names in the web industry who follow you on Twitter, you follow them back, they send you a message like this: “Hello is great to connect with you, please check our website:http://nameofwebsite.com” and the second day when you check your followers, they stop following you.

Don't you think is bad for the company to do something like this?

In the first day I find the website very interesting, and subscribe to the RSS, but after I had seen they stop following me I was so mad that I stop following them and unsubscribe from the RSS.

For a moment I was so angry, thinking to twit about it on my personal account. But I stopped, because I don't want to harm no-one.

Maybe I should give a name, but I don't want to harm they're business. I'm a creative guy, not destructive.

I followed the name of the guy, who signed the twit and I found it on LinkedIn.

His profession is: Internet Marketing, Social Media Optimisation, SEO.

Wow, I wouldn't hire somebody who does the marketing like this guy. lol

Anyway I blocked the website on my Twitter account and if one of my friends is asking me about them, I'll be shure to tell the story.

I wonder what Garyvee will have to say about this?:))) lol

What do you think about this kind of people?

VodkaTonic

Doesn't seem very cool of them to unfollow you. What's the harm in following someone anyway?

Yeah, better not to name names… that will only further increase their popularity!

wpexplorer

I just report them as SPAM on twitter. :)

I'll be honest I have followed people and then upfollowed them because they tweet every 5 seconds and it over-crowds my homepage. But sending messages saying to checkout my website is just spam IMO.

wpexplorer

I just report them as SPAM on twitter. :)

I'll be honest I have followed people and then upfollowed them because they tweet every 5 seconds and it over-crowds my homepage. But sending messages saying to checkout my website is just spam IMO.

Ruven

Got some of these too. But I'm a picky follower, so I only follow back when they're tweeting stuff that is interesting for me.

Ruven

Got some of these too. But I'm a picky follower, so I only follow back when they're tweeting stuff that is interesting for me.

Sanaa Themes

I don't know… I still think is a bad and ugly thing to do something like this.

I also follow people, who twit interesting things, not everybody.

Sanaa Themes

I don't know… I still think is a bad and ugly thing to do something like this.

I also follow people, who twit interesting things, not everybody.

nathrat

I don't use twitter much lately, but what you've described is a pretty common practice. Heck, I think mojo even did it. I'm pretty sure they were following me and many others at one point, but then purged everyone.

The idea is to look like people just want to follow you, and aren't following you just to get a follow back. Your best bet is to just follow people you're interested in, and don't trade follows. Those people aren't interested in what you're doing anyway.

nathrat

I don't use twitter much lately, but what you've described is a pretty common practice. Heck, I think mojo even did it. I'm pretty sure they were following me and many others at one point, but then purged everyone.

The idea is to look like people just want to follow you, and aren't following you just to get a follow back. Your best bet is to just follow people you're interested in, and don't trade follows. Those people aren't interested in what you're doing anyway.

Anonymous

I'm with AJ, I follow people I find interesting unless they tweet like mad then I unfollow them. I usually avoid people who have thousands of followers (unless it's a business or celeb I love) because imo Twitter is about networking/friends and if I'm just yet another follower who never gets a reply then no thanks. 

It doesn't really bother me when they DM a link to their site, I don't do it myself but I understand why they do and for some people it may even be helpful. 

As for people following then unfollowing you, it could be because they are scumbags or more probably because they follow everyone to get more followers then unfollow them OR because they just don't like your tweets, again I never follow people who spend all day replying to their buddies, it makes me feel left out (aahhh!). Anyway, I use FriendOrFollow.com to weed out the marketers and always have a look at their most recent tweets before I decide to follow back or not. 

Finally, http://twitter.com/mojo_themes (Mojo Themes on Twitter) seem to be following their staff but not us guys, to be fair if you look at the four they follow you'll probably find at least one of them follows you so it's not a big deal, personally I tweet with JR Farr quite a lot, he's a cool guy and I have no problem with the main MT twitter account not following me because at least one of their guys is and it seems they're just using that account to spread news/love. 

Anonymous

I'm with AJ, I follow people I find interesting unless they tweet like mad then I unfollow them. I usually avoid people who have thousands of followers (unless it's a business or celeb I love) because imo Twitter is about networking/friends and if I'm just yet another follower who never gets a reply then no thanks. 

It doesn't really bother me when they DM a link to their site, I don't do it myself but I understand why they do and for some people it may even be helpful. 

As for people following then unfollowing you, it could be because they are scumbags or more probably because they follow everyone to get more followers then unfollow them OR because they just don't like your tweets, again I never follow people who spend all day replying to their buddies, it makes me feel left out (aahhh!). Anyway, I use FriendOrFollow.com to weed out the marketers and always have a look at their most recent tweets before I decide to follow back or not. 

Finally, http://twitter.com/mojo_themes (Mojo Themes on Twitter) seem to be following their staff but not us guys, to be fair if you look at the four they follow you'll probably find at least one of them follows you so it's not a big deal, personally I tweet with JR Farr quite a lot, he's a cool guy and I have no problem with the main MT twitter account not following me because at least one of their guys is and it seems they're just using that account to spread news/love. 

Sanaa Themes

Very interesting answers I get here.

I understand to purge someone, but not in 24 hours, because you leave a bad impression I think.

You know, today I will tell you : ” Hi, happy to meet you” and tomorrow after I see you took the bait and follow me, I unfollow you.

And about following people at random I think it's a stupidity. I think 90% percent don't care about the follower twit's.

I see famous bloggers who say it's a stupidity to follow people at random.

just my 2 cents.

Thank you guys for making this discussion interesting by sharing your opinions with me.

Sanaa Themes

Very interesting answers I get here.

I understand to purge someone, but not in 24 hours, because you leave a bad impression I think.

You know, today I will tell you : ” Hi, happy to meet you” and tomorrow after I see you took the bait and follow me, I unfollow you.

And about following people at random I think it's a stupidity. I think 90% percent don't care about the follower twit's.

I see famous bloggers who say it's a stupidity to follow people at random.

just my 2 cents.

Thank you guys for making this discussion interesting by sharing your opinions with me.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.