Clay is a clean and modern responsive WordPress theme. The minimal design makes it perfect for any kind of eco, creative, business, or nonprofit use. It’s fully responsive and has been optimized for tablet and mobile platforms. It also is retina optimized to look incredible on high definition displays. Featuring a Theme Options panel, Clay is amazingly easy to customize. Change colors, use Google Fonts, add custom CSS, and more. The homepage is fully customizable, with the option to use or hide many features. Additionally, Clay has a Call to Action feature that makes it easy to direct customers to your event, product, or newsletter signup. Make your next website project easy to realize and eye catching with the flexible and adaptive features of Clay. Clay is WordPress 4.1, 4.2, 4.3 & 4.4 compatible.
Clay comes with complete theme documentation, available here:
Clay comes with complete theme documentation, available here: http://bottomlessdesign.com/demos/clay/HelpFile/
Try Before You Buy!
Want to see what it’s like to use Clay on your website? Get a chance to see the back-end and how easy it is to make changes: Test Drive Now
- Responsive design – layout adjusts the display accordingly across all screen sizes and devices (desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile)
- Retina optimized – show off graphics on high density displays
- Theme Options – Custom theme options makes changing many features of the site as easy as clicking a button
- Custom logo upload
- Custom favicon upload (aka bookmark icon)
- Call to Action bar – custom text and button on every page/post
- Custom CSS – Add custom CSS as needed to completely stylize every aspect of the site
- Custom colors – Easily change colors for any of the following site features: Header, Footer, Font, Menu, Menu Hover, Links, Links Hover, Buttons, Buttons Hover
- Custom fonts – Use any Google Font to customize body text and heading text
- Social icons in header – optional icons that can link to social networks of choice–use only the ones you want: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube, Vimeo, Tumblr, Maps, RSS, Email, Dribbble, and a Custom link
- Customize footer text
- Localization – Includes a .po template file for theme translation
- Analytics – Easily add Google Analytics code
All sections of the homepage are optional and can be turned on/off as needed (with the exception of the slider).
- Homepage slider – full width cover images with options to place left, center, or right aligned text
- Homepage Call to Action – custom text and button
- Homepage Featured Pages – highlight areas of your website such as About, Services, and Contact
- Homepage Featured Posts – select from any Post Category to show an excerpt of the most recent posts
- Homepage Additional Content – add any additional content to the homepage such as a welcome message, images, or SEO focused content
- Homepage Footer Widgets – display a unique collection of footer widgets for your homepage and a different collection for other pages
- Page Templates – choose from Default, Full Width, or Portfolio
- Portfolio Page – show off your projects and/or artwork using any category (and child category) of your choosing
- Unique Page Sidebar – display a unique widget sidebar for Pages and a different one for Posts
- Editor Styles – the visual editor has imported styles to look very similar to the published page
- Page Featured Images – Choose whether to display featured images on pages
- Page Excerpts – offer customized page excerpts for use on the homepage
- Excerpts vs Full Posts – Choose whether to display post excerpts or the full post on blog and blog archive pages
- Post Meta Data – Choose whether to display any combination of the following with every post: Author, Date, Category, Tag, Comment Count, Featured Image
- Author Bio – Included at the bottom of every post and on the author archives page is a place for a short bio
- Editor Styles – the visual editor has imported styles to look very similar to the published post
- Post Featured Images – Choose whether to display featured images on posts
- Comments – threaded comments and highlighted author replies
Simple to use shortcodes can be added to any page, post, or widget.
- Buttons – custom messages, links, and colors
- Columns – format text into columns of one half, one third, two thirds, or one fourth
Please note: This theme (like all themes on Mojo) is designed to work on hosted installations of WordPress.org only. This theme will not work with WordPress.com sites. Learn more about the difference.
- Is there theme documentation?
- Where do I download my files?
- How do I install the theme?
- When I try to install, why does WordPress gives me the "Missing Style Sheet" message?
- I downloaded the files, but why don't I see the "clay.zip" file?
- How do I have a homepage like the demo site?
- How do I create slides?
- How do I view the slides on my site?
- Why can't I view the entire image on my slide?
- How do I view the featured pages as seen on the homepage of the demo site?
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Is there theme documentation?
Tags: documentation, instructions, tutorialTo view the theme documentation, please go to: http://clay-theme.com/faq.html
Where do I download my files?
Tags:Go to My Account / Buyers / My Downloads to access your theme files.
How do I install the theme?
Tags:To upload via the WordPress Theme Uploader, you will need to use the clay.zip file. If you purchased from Mojo Marketplace, this file is available to download direct from your My Purchases area. If you purchased from Mojo Themes, this file is located inside of the "Clay - Theme and Documentation.zip" file. Note: Attempting to use the "Clay - Theme and Documentation" zip file directly will result in a "Missing Style Sheet" error. 1. Login to your WordPress admin. 2. Go to Appearance / Themes (in the left menu). 3. At the top of the page, click the Add New button. 4. At the top of the next page, click Upload Theme, then click Choose File button to select a file. 5. Select the zipped theme file, clay.zip, and click Install Now. 6. After installation you will receive a success message confirming your new install. 7. Click the link Activate.
When I try to install, why does WordPress gives me the "Missing Style Sheet" message?
Tags:In order to install, you must use the clay.zip file. Attempting to use any other file will result in a "Missing Style Sheet" error.
I downloaded the files, but why don't I see the "clay.zip" file?
Tags:On some computers, particularly on Macs, when the clay.zip file is downloaded, it may automatically open. Just look for the folder titled "clay" and compress/archive/zip it back up.
How do I have a homepage like the demo site?
Tags:By default, Clay will display your latest posts on the homepage. To use the homepage as seen in the demo, click the Add New button to create a new page. Name it either Homepage or Home. Then look in the far right column for the Page Attributes section and select Homepage from the Template drop-down menu. After creating the new page with the Homepage template, go to Settings / Reading (in the left navigation bar). For Front page displays, choose A static page, and for Front page select the newly created Home page from the drop-down menu. Then click Save Changes.
How do I create slides?
Tags:You can add and manage slides for the homepage slider by clicking the Slides link in the left menu. To add a new Slide, click Add New. Slides should be given a Title. Images for the slides should be entered in the Background Image section. The optimum size of the slider image is 1200px width x 500px height. To enter a Background Image, click the Upload button. You can drag and drop your image to the pop-up media uploader or click the Media Library link if you've already added the image to your Media Library. When selecting an image, be sure to include a Link URL. (Note: due to the nature of background images, this won't actually create a link here, but leaving this field blank or set to None can sometimes create issues when uploading an image.) Once your image is selected, click the Use This Image button.
How do I view the slides on my site?
Tags:In order to view slides on your site, you'll need to have a page created with the Homepage page template and assign that page on the Settings / Reading page. See the How do I have a homepage like the demo site? answer for more details on creating your homepage. Once the homepage is properly set up, you can go to Slides in the left menu to add/edit/manage your slides.
Why can't I view the entire image on my slide?
Tags:Slides are displayed with a background-size: cover which means that the entire image will not always be visible at all sizes of browser windows, monitors, devices, etc. For this reason, it is recommended to not have any essential elements of the image too close to the edge.
How do I view the featured pages as seen on the homepage of the demo site?
Tags:In order to view the featured pages on the homepage of your site, you'll need to have a page created with the Homepage page template and assign that page on the Settings / Reading page. See the How do I have a homepage like the demo site? answer for more details on creating your homepage. Once the homepage is properly set up, you can go to Appearance / Theme Options / Homepage to assign your Featured Pages.
Version: 1.7.0• Added FooBox compliance • Updated the Slider image uploader
Version: 1.6.0• Updated to latest version of Theme Options (v1.7.1) • Updated CSS styling for WordPress v3.8 • Updated favicon options
Version: 1.5.0• Updated page-home.php for Homepage Additional Content options. • Included a direct link to the online instructions on options.php
Version: 1.4.0• Adjusted the site-title line-height display • Adjusted the site-navigation line-height display • Adjusted the mobile menu display • Adjusted the footer display when not using any widgets • Adjusted the wpstats display
Version: 1.3.0• Added Instagram to the header social icons. • Adjusted the Author profile image styling. • Adjusted the Leave a Reply styling.
Version: 1.2.3• Updated the stylesheet for Homepage options.
Version: 1.2.2• Updated the stylesheet for the mobile menu.
Version: 1.2.1• Updated footer.php for Right Footer text options.
Version: 1.2.0• Added English .po template files for theme translation.
Version: 1.1• Updated page-home.php for Homepage Additional Content options.
Version: 1.0• Initial Release.