We’ve made Jomo super-duper quick to load in its raw form. So if you want to throw a load of plugins at it, the base theme itself is still going to perform very well for you.
Let’s dig deeper into what you get with Jomo…
Wonderful Featured Slider
Using our homepage featured slider is so easy. You can either let it pick up the latest posts, choose a specific category, or you can target pages & posts by their IDs as well as have as many slides as you want!
Quick loading fonts
The theme loads standard system fonts by default, which means no external CSS is being loaded from Google or Typekit. This doesn’t mean that Jomo won’t work with web fonts. Oh no! we’re not silly, we know people love web fonts which is why the theme is fully compatible with these two lovely plugins…
Easy Google Fonts
Using the fantastic and free Google Fonts plugin for WordPress you can add any Google fonts. We’ve even integrated a bespoke options panel to get you up and running quickly complete with font choices that we recommend would work well with the typography of the theme. Just read our extensive theme documentation for all of the details.
Typekit for WordPress
Using the wonderful free Typekit plugin for WordPress you can add any Typekit fonts. You do need a Typekit account to do this. We’ve also provided font choices that we recommend would work well with the typography of the theme. Just read our extensive support documentation for all of the details.
Loads of Sidebars and Widget Areas
We’ve got 7 widget areas in the theme, you have different sidebars for your home and archive pages, your single posts and your standard pages. We’ve also got header and footer widget areas that count your widgets and lay them out in columns according to how many widgets you’ve added. This means if you just add one widget to the header widget area (which appears just below the header and just before the content) if will center itself, perfect for web adverts! We’ve even got 2 bespoke widgets for displaying your social icons (check out the header and footer and sidebar for these) and our MeanThemes About You to upload an image of you’re beautiful face complete with a mini biography area.
Post format support
We support all of the post formats, yes every Post Format is supported. Check out the rest of the posts on this demo to see them in action.
Featured image control
You can turn these off globally or post/page by post/page (aside from the gallery post format because why would you load a gallery if you didn’t want it to display). This includes the related posts box too.
We’ve added in a bunch of useful options, but not too many. You’ve got full control over fonts, colours, showing and hiding stuff, positioning header socials. Just check out the demo customizer.
So what are you waiting for?
If Jomo is your cup of joe, why not pick up a copy today!
Full feature list
- Homepage featured slider
- All post formats supported
- Show/Hide Featured image globally or per post/page
- Show/Hide featured image on related posts block
- Position social header widget for mobile and desktop
- Position mobile menu icon
- Show/hide back to top
- Show/hide related blog items
- Show/hide plain text logo
- Hide all comments
- Enable comments on pages
- Auto excerpt for blog
- Set word length for auto excerpt on blog
- Turn sidebar on/off globally or on posts, pages, home and categories/tag
- Turn line-through hover off
- Custom CSS Block
- Custom Text control
- Show/hide tagline
- Control all font sizes
- Enhanced Author biographies
- Fully responsive design
- Built mobile first
- All templates are HTML5 compliant
- Child theme supplied
- Full control of colours
- Show/hide plain text logo
- MeanThemes Social Widget built-in via MeanThemes Tools plugin
- MeanThemes “About You” Widget built-in via MeanThemes Tools plugin
- Sharing on/off on posts
- Share via twitter including your username
- Change footer credit, logo text, logo alt all from Theme Customizer
- MeanThemes Tools plugin included
- Logo upload
- Retina logo upload
- Apple touch icon upload
- Favicon upload
- Contact 7 Form support and styling built-in
- Localisation support with provided .mo and .po files
- Custom Menu
- Featured image support
- Shortcodes for columns and buttons, toggles and tabs
- Shortcodes for social icons including: Twitter, App.net, Facebook, Linked In, Google+, Zerply, Vimeo, YouTube, Pinterest, Dribbble, Github, Instagram, Flickr, Behance, Mixcloud, Soundcloud, Good reads, RSS
- Shortcode for quotes including quote source and ratings
- Shortcode dropdown straight from the content editor
- Fully responsive (optimised for iPad and iPhone with retina graphics)
- Extensive documentation
You must be logged in to post a comment.