Lore is a finely crafted theme for WordPress. It is designed with storytelling in mind and coded to be fast and quick to load.
We’ve really concentrated on the finer details of Lore, we’ve even built in full compatibility with Aesop Story Engine WordPress plugin if you want to supercharge your stories.
Aesop Story Engine Compatible
Check out our Aesop Story post to see how it looks with Lore Styling.
Homepage Hero Video or Image
You can upload a background video (.webm and.mp4) or background image, logo/image, hero title and subtitle on the homepage of Lore to really make an impact.
Separate Grid Control over your homepage, Categories archives and Author archives.
Control your featured images
Featured images are supposed to be about showcasing your blog post and pages. So we’ve packed Lore with a plethora of controls for your featured image.
Here are just a few examples..
- Full Height image
- Parallax scroll effect
- Fade title on scroll
- Position the title overlay differently
- Set the opacity of the featured image
Want a global style? No problem, you can set your defaults straight from the Theme Customizer and overwrite them per post and page.
Ambient Video on your posts
Want to utilise that featured image space for an ambient video – easy just choose the Video Post format and add your .webm and .mp4 ambient video files. Full height image options still work with ambient video so you can have a full size video too!
Some of the finer details
Standard Menu / Hidden Menu & Fixed Header
You can have a standard menu on the desktop size of Lore or you can use the hide/show toggle to give the blog more minimalism. Want a non-fixed header too, with a click on a checkbox, it’s done.
Using the wonderful free Typekit plugin for WordPress you can add any Typekit fonts, just like we have on this demo. You do need a Typekit account to do this.
Google Fonts Support
Using the fantastic and free Google Fonts plugin for WordPress you can add any Google fonts. We’ve even integrated a bespoke options panel to get you up and running quickly.
Using the insanely great WP Instagram plugin for WordPress you can add your instagram feed to the foot of your blog, just above the footer copyright bar. We even match the gutter you’ve chosen in your grid to make sure everything looks just right.
Dropcaps for your posts and pages
Everybody loves a dropcap, you can turn these on for pages and for posts from the Theme Customizer.
Full Feature List
- Choose from 4 grids for home, categories/tags and author archives
- Control grid gutters
- Title overlay controls
- Aesop story engine compatibility
- Advanced Featured image controls
- Menu reveal / hidden options
- Search on/off
- Drop caps for posts and pages
- Fixed header on/off
- Show/hide back to top
- Show/hide related blog items
- Control all font sizes
- Enhanced Author biographies
- Fully responsive design
- Built mobile first
- All templates are HTML5 compliant
- Child theme supplied
- Full control of colours
- Show/hide plain text logo
- MeanThemes Social Widget built-in via MeanThemes Tools plugin
- MeanThemes “About You” Widget built-in via MeanThemes Tools plugin
- Sharing on/off on posts
- Share via twitter including your username
- Change footer credit, logo text, logo alt all from Theme Customizer
- MeanThemes Tools plugin included
- Logo upload
- Retina logo upload
- Apple touch icon upload
- Favicon upload
- Contact 7 Form support and styling built-in
- Localisation support with provided .mo and .po files
- Custom Menu
- Featured image support
- Shortcodes for columns and buttons, toggles and tabs
- Shortcodes for social icons including: Twitter, App.net, Facebook, Linked In, Google+, Zerply, Vimeo, YouTube, Pinterest, Dribbble, Github, Instagram, Flickr, Behance, Mixcloud, Soundcloud, Good reads, RSS
- Shortcode for quotes including quote source and ratings
- Shortcode dropdown straight from the content editor
- Fully responsive (optimised for iPad and iPhone with retina graphics)
- Extensive documentation
You must be logged in to post a comment.