We’re straying a little bit from our typical design style to bring you a flexible news WordPress theme. Prime Time is built on top of the Theme Blvd framework. Use the layout builder to accomplish just about anything you can think of. Use the slider manager to create as many sliders as you want. Use the widget area manager to create as many widget areas and sidebars as you want. With just the right amount of theme options and flexibility, the power is all in your hands. And with a sleek, responsive HTML5 design, you’ll be sure no one will miss out on your new website built with Prime Time.
- HTML5 and CSS3 tableless design
- Responsive design for all screen resolution sizes
- Option to tu special stylesheet that targets tablets and mobile devices off or on.
- Unbranded Theme Options Panel
- Layout Builder
- Slider Manager
- Widget Area Manager (i.e. Unlimited Sidebars)
- 6 Sidebar Layouts (Watch Video)
- Tons of shortcodes with shortcode generator (See screenshot)
- prettyPhoto lightbox integration (Watch Video)
- Dynamic typography with Google Font Directory support (Watch Video)
- 100% child theme compatible with sample child theme included (Watch Video)
- Optional no-click drop down menus (Watch Video)
- 5 Custom Widgets (Twitter, Video, Simple Contact, Mini Post Grid and Mini Post List)
- Localization-ready (for translation into foreign languages)
- Sample Data included (Watch Video)
Free Theme Blvd Addons
- Theme Blvd Admin Presence – Show or Hide theme’s admin pages.
- Theme Blvd Featured Videos – Replace featured images with embedded videos.
- Theme Blvd Image Sizes – Adjust your theme’s image crop sizes.
- Theme Blvd News Scroller Widget – A widget that scrolls through posts.
- Theme Blvd Piecemaker Addon – Add Piecemaker onto theme’s built-in sliders.
- Theme Blvd Post-to-Page Link – Link a post to a page for modifying the breadcrumb trail.
- Theme Blvd Responsive Google Maps – Responsive Google Map shortcode.
- Theme Blvd String Swap – Quickly translate text strings on frontend of your site.
Here is the quick step-by-step guide for how this theme’s demo homepage was setup from the WordPress admin panel. You can find much more information on the following steps in great detail by viewing the documentation that came in your theme’s download package. Keep in mind this is only a quick step-by-step for the theme demo’s homepage and you definitely do not have to setup your site in this way if you don’t want to.
- Install the theme under Appearance > Themes.
- Go to Settings > Reading > Frontpage Displays, and make sure you’ve selected “your latest posts”.
- Go to the Sliders page and create a custom slider.
- Go to the Builder page and create a new custom layout. Use “Prime Time Homepage” as your layout’s starting point. Configure your element settings, including selecting your custom slider in the slider element, and save the layout.
- Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Content > Homepage, select to show a custom layout, and select the custom layout you’ve created.
For your reference, listed here are all of the image sizes that your images get cropped to when using this theme. If your WordPress installation already has many images uploaded, it’s best to run the Thumbnail Generator plugin after installing the theme.
- Slider Full Width – 940×350 (hard crop)
- Slider Staged Left/Right – 518×292 (hard crop)
- 1/5 Column of Grid – 200×125 (hard crop)
- 1/4 Column of Grid – 240×150 (hard crop)
- 1/3 Column of Grid – 320×200 (hard crop)
- 1/2 Column of Grid – 472×295 (hard crop)
- Small Thumbnail of List – 195×195 (soft crop)
- Small Square – 130×130 (hard crop)
- Smaller Square – 70×70 (hard crop)
- Smallest Square – 45×45 (hard crop)
NOTE: If you require changes to these image sizes, you do have options. Learn More
In order to run this theme, your server must have PHP5 and you must have WordPress 3.1+ installed.
Listed here all of updates to this theme and when they were posted. In your WordPress admin panel, you can see what version of the theme you’re using by going to Appearance > Themes and looking at the version number next to the name of the theme. To update the theme, you need to download it again from your ThemeForest Downloads page, and update the files on your server. (See video: All About Updates)
- v1.1.4 – August 17, 2012
- v1.1.3 – July 2, 2012
- v1.1.2 – June 2, 2012
- v1.1.1 – May 26, 2012
- v1.1.0 – May 20, 2012 – (Information about this update)
- v1.0.3 – December 20, 2011
- v1.0.2 – Date Unknown
- v1.0.1 – Date Unknown
- v1.0.0 – Date Unknown
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Version: 1.0.0* This is the first release constructed from Theme Blvd Framework version 2.0.2.