The marketplace for Premium Themes — & — Templates

2,206,265 People using Mojo
353,571 Downloaded items
2115 Marketplace items
2 Green Monsters

A couple of improvement suggestions

Forums General A couple of improvement suggestions

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Weblusive 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Weblusive

Good evening to all mojo-themes participants. First of all I would like to say this is an amazing marketplace with some great potential and I wish it grows bigger and bigger with time and beat all the competitors. 

Now some observations and suggestions on how to make it even better:

1) My first suggestion regards to the item descriptions. I have noticed that it has already been suggested by another forum member though there has been no discussion on it. Sometimes you need to change the description or add some points you missed while uploading the template. For example, today a buyer contacted me asking if the slider on my template also supports videos. When I answered positively he told that many people look for this functionality and it would increase my sales if it was mentioned on description. Now I don't have an opportunity to add this part actually and so this really would be a great addition.

2)When an author's item gets new comments an e-mail is automatically sent to notify about the comment. This is great functionality, however it is very annoying when after replying to the comment you get a new e-mail stating that you have got one more comment although it was your own. So, it would be great to add a mechanism that checks if the commenter was the author of the template and didn't send notification in this case. 

3) I see there are a lot of amazing wordpress developers here who are looking for freelance jobs. Although there is an option on profile that states if the person is available for freelance jobs, I think not everyone knows about it and it would be great to have a little job board Where people could post their requests about customizations, plugin development, etc… In the end, where can a person find a better and more trusted developer if not in a marketplace like this when he can view the developer's works and immediately get an idea if he/she is suitable for the kind of job needed to be done.   

4)Just noticed when tried to create this topic while on third page of the forum. Clicking on “Add a New topic” button I got this message: “There is no such forum named page-3″. This is a small bug however it is worth correcting it

Anonymous

Hi Weblusive, regarding your comments Mojo are redesigning the site so maybe some of your suggestions are already in development, I don't know but I do know they are working on a better user experience. 

Some of your suggestions are already available:

1. Great suggestion I'm sure all sellers will appreciate. Personally I never click on thumbs that show me nothing – a little logo or something may look pretty but I don't have time to click on loads of useless thumbs just to see if I like the overall style of the theme. 

2. Maybe Mojo are working on this..?

3. Most buyers contact the seller for edits and I think it would be unfair to take the focus away from that.

4. I've been around since Mojo started and can't say I've ever seen that error..?

Hope this helps. 

Robby. 

Anonymous

Hi Weblusive, regarding your comments Mojo are redesigning the site so maybe some of your suggestions are already in development, I don't know but I do know they are working on a better user experience. 

1. Great suggestion I'm sure all sellers will appreciate. Personally I never click on thumbs that show me nothing – a little logo or something may look pretty but I don't have time to click on loads of useless thumbs just to see if I like the overall style of the theme. 

3. Most buyers contact the seller for edits and I think it would be unfair to take the focus away from that.

4. I've been around since Mojo started and can't say I've ever seen that error..?

Hope this helps. 

Robby. 

Weblusive

robbydesigns said:

Hope this helps. 

Robby. 

Hi Robby,

thanks for your comments. It seems that the error mentioned in point 2 has already been fixed as I haven't got messages for my own comments any more, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this issue gone in such short period of time.

Regarding point 3, perhaps I should better describe the idea. The point is not in taking away clients from each others or ditracting the focus, but rather creating a place where people in need of help with wordpress could find solutions to their problems. To illustrate my point I will bring an example – imagine a situation where the person/company wants to build a new website from scratch, not based on any theme sold here but rather with completely new design and structure and is looking for a qualified developer. Where else can they find better candidates for this task if not in a marketplace like this? And regarding the edits of a concrete work, being sold here, I don't think this will take away the focus in any way, because from my experience, people always prefer to contact the author of the work as in this case they can pretend to get help for free and get qualified assistance as the author knows the inner workings of his theme/plugin best of all. And with all this said, imagine how much additional traffic could be received with this functionality in place.

And the for the last point, the forum issue, I have been able to reproduce this error and make a screenshot of it. You can find the screenshot file at http://weblusive.com/forum_error.png

Please let me know what you think of this.

Weblusive

robbydesigns said:

Hope this helps. 

Robby. 

Hi Robby,

thanks for your comments. It seems that the error mentioned in point 2 has already been fixed as I haven't got messages for my own comments any more, so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this issue gone in such short period of time.

Regarding point 3, perhaps I should better describe the idea. The point is not in taking away clients from each others or ditracting the focus, but rather creating a place where people in need of help with wordpress could find solutions to their problems. To illustrate my point I will bring an example – imagine a situation where the person/company wants to build a new website from scratch, not based on any theme sold here but rather with completely new design and structure and is looking for a qualified developer. Where else can they find better candidates for this task if not in a marketplace like this? And regarding the edits of a concrete work, being sold here, I don't think this will take away the focus in any way, because from my experience, people always prefer to contact the author of the work as in this case they can pretend to get help for free and get qualified assistance as the author knows the inner workings of his theme/plugin best of all. And with all this said, imagine how much additional traffic could be received with this functionality in place.

And the for the last point, the forum issue, I have been able to reproduce this error and make a screenshot of it. You can find the screenshot file at http://weblusive.com/forum_error.png

Please let me know what you think of this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.