The marketplace for Premium Themes — & — Templates

2,206,263 People using Mojo
353,571 Downloaded items
2115 Marketplace items
2 Green Monsters

Joomla/WordPress Templates

Forums General Joomla/WordPress Templates

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Brady Nord 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

New to the Mojo website, but I seen on the footer that you offer Joomla Templates. Has this been launched yet?

If so, I can design and code Joomla Websites, so would be keen to add some over the next few months.

Also is there any sort of checklist that we need to go through, to get a template approved? I do Joomla and WordPress, as well as looking into doing Tumblr themes.

Brady Nord
    Key Master

Hey Alan, thanks for coming over!  We love to see new people on the site.  

Your absolutely right about the JOOMLA category.  We are just waiting to launch and would love to have you design some themes that we could use for the launch.  As far as a checklist is concerned, we don’t have one.  What I would highly recommend is to make sure and do the following:

1. Live demo displays any and every feature of the theme.  

2.  Offer multiple color options

3.  Make sure and have thorough documentation/help file.

Check out: http://www.mojo-themes.com/how…..tructions/

Beyond these basics, it is a matter of ensuring quality design and code.  If you want to submit designs and we can give some feedback this would be great.  

Thanks again

Thanks Brady.

Will look into possibly creating some new colour schemes of Joomla templates I have done in the past, as well as some updates.

Brady Nord
    Key Master

alanhornedotcom said:

Thanks Brady.

Will look into possibly creating some new colour schemes of Joomla templates I have done in the past, as well as some updates.

Great, that sounds awesome.  

If you have some designs that you are working with feel free to upload a link to them and we will be more than happy to give some early feedback.  

Hi Brady,

I have another question, how will it work with Joomla?

I would normally pre-install a series of plug-ins to a website to do simple things like image rotators etc, how does that all fit into the designs?

Or does it all need hand coded into just the Template itself?

Just not sure as this is my first time creating a theme for a place like this.

Brady Nord
    Key Master

alanhornedotcom said:

Hi Brady,

I have another question, how will it work with Joomla?

I would normally pre-install a series of plug-ins to a website to do simple things like image rotators etc, how does that all fit into the designs?

Or does it all need hand coded into just the Template itself?

Just not sure as this is my first time creating a theme for a place like this.

@alan As far as plugins go, its best if you do one of two options.  One, code the plugin into the theme itself.  Two, custom build the functionality you are trying to get.    We realized this is much more work but we have found from experience that when themes are reliant on plugins buyers are not happy and when support issues come up its very difficult to know the problems.  

With that being said there are always exceptions for somethings.  The main thing is that the core technologies of the theme are not ran from a plugin.  

When packaging the theme you would just include the plugin and describe very thoroughly in the documentation how to implement the plugin.  

Thanks Brady, that really helped.

I just wasn’t sure how I could do a jQuery scroller and have people edit the images without essecially breaking the template.

Might be best to get a PHP developer on board to help with that sort of thing.

But for the time being, think I will go down the route of installing plug-ins.

Brady Nord
    Key Master

@alan  I totally understand what you mean.  I would highly recommend throwing out the specs of your project in the Joint Forces thread and ask for someone to come on board for help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.