Blog & Shop is intuitive and efficient. It’s made for real websites – it’s SEO friendly, fast and lightweight WordPress theme.
Select any of 9 prepared demo sites, clone it to your server with a WordPress installer and start using for your needs. Reseller mode is also provided, so you can hide origins of the theme. It’s perfect for blogging and e-commerce, but it’s so easily customizable, it can be used for any type of website (check out demo sites).
Blog & Shop is a responsive theme, which means it adapts to the device on which it’s displayed. The theme cares for your content so it looks great on all devices, but you can also decide to show part of a content on one version only and hide on other.
Retina is a commonly used phrase to describe displays with high density of pixels. For such devices, images need to be treated in a special way, so that they look sharp on this kind of displays. Blog & Shop Theme does that, so your site and its content looks perfect on iPhones, MacBooks and hi-end smartphones.
Item includes also WordPress install files with clones of the 9 theme demo sites. So you just install WordPress as usual and it’s already with the selected demo content and all settings identical as on the demo site. You can use it as a base to build your site. Notice – images are replaced by placeholders (to make the package lighter).
I’ve won an Envato contest for the best implementation of the WooCommerce plugin.
Blog & Shop theme means 100% WooCommerce support + extra theme-specific bonuses.
The key concept of the theme is that most settings can be set globally, and aditionally you can customize them for selected parts of your site. For example: you can set a banner for the entire site, then you can set another one just for a blog, and also set another one for a specific category.
It’s very easily manageable and gives you a lot of customization power. This type of global / specific customization is possible for such aspects of a site as: layouts, backgrounds, banners, sidebars, footers, headlines etc.
Boxed and opened layouts can be set for the whole site, for some part of it (for example just for a shop or a specific category) or just for one page. Sidebars, footers and banners are configurable independently and work seamlessly with both those main layout concepts.
Set custom background for the whole site, for some part of it (for example just for blog) or for a specific page only. It’s a feature for boxed layout type.
Header can be centered and/or fixed to top. You can play with options to set top bar, menus, social media icons, tagline, language menu, cart icon, and more.
Classic or masonry? One column or more? Sidebars? You can customize it individually for each blog (you can have many blogs on one site). Meta data, social buttons, author bio – select what you need. All post formats are also nicely supported (audio, gallery, quote, status, etc…). Each category, tag and author can have specific color, used for example for labels.
Blog & Shop theme has a built-in simple and efficient shortcode assistant. If you prefer using the Visual Composer plugin – it’s fully supported (but not included to the theme). Of course, editing shortcodes as a text is also possible.
You can have a multi-language site with the Blog & Shop theme. Polylang plugin and WPML plugin are fully supported. Additionally, if your WordPress is in English, Spanish, German or Polish, you’ll automatically see all theme settings in the dashboard in your language.
There are hundreds of vector and graphic icons (in a few sets) included in the theme and you can upload custom ones to media by yourself, so you can use them the same way as the built-in icons.
Blog & Shop is built to fulfill requirements of all modern web standards. It’s HTML5 + CSS3 piece of top quality code. It’s optimized for speed and accessibility.
Notice: PHP 5.3+ is required for the theme to work.
If you create website for your clients and you don’t want them to know the theme comes form ThemeForest, you can use the reseller mode to change theme’s name, replace credits with yours, etc. It’s totally fine with me
- 100% Responsive Theme (on or off)
- Retina Ready (ultra-high resolution images support)
- Boxed or open layout
- Powerful Theme Options
- Any size of a site (and still full responsiveness)
- Unlimited sidebars (of any width)
– left sidebar
– right sidebar
– no sidebar (full width page)
- Bright or dark color scheme
- Any site leading color
- Advanced header options
– fixed to top option
– left or centered logo
– top bar
– many menus
– social media icons
- Translation ready (.po/.mo) + 4 full theme translations included:
- Multi-languages (full Polylang and WPML plugin support)
- Contact form (+ Contact Form 7 plugin support)
- Child theme ready (includes dummy child theme)
– many filters for better control
- Images slider
- Slider plugins supported, for example:
– LayerSlider by kreatura
– Master Slider by averta
– Revolution Slider by themepunch
- Super Tabs
- Custom backgrounds (global or for individual pages)
- Audio and video support (self-hosted or embedded)
- Threaded Comments
- Advanced blog options
– classic or masonry layouts
– post formats (image, video, audio, quote, status, …)
– customizable meta (tags, permailink, categories, comments count, …)
– customizable social media buttons (Like, Tweet, +1, Pin, Linked in)
– optional author box
- Categories colors
- Tags colors
- Authors colors
- Customize each page individually
- Customize each category individually
- Customize each page type individually
- FAQ Page
- About page
- Contact page
- 404 Page
- Advanced Menus
– 7 menu locations + language menu
– mega menu
– icons in menus
- Advanced Typography Options
– customize any font on a site
– create unlimited font presets to use anywhere on a site
– Google Fonts, standard fonts, or upload your custom font
- Option to hide / show part of a content on mobile or desktop devices
- Many content effects and styles
– text highlights
– message boxes (closable or permanent)
– lists with icons
- Twitter widget
- Flickr widget
- Facebook Page widget
- Social media widget
- Contact form widget
- Page content widget
- Portfolio widget
- Custom favicon
- Custom copyright text
- Google Analytics Field
- Custom CSS/JS field
- Unbranded WordPress-style theme options
- Demo content import (XML file)
- Well organized, HTML5 and CSS3
- SEO optimized code
- Free lifetime updates
I’ve used the following resources to built the theme:
JSColor, Fancybox, Slippry, Isotope, tipsy, imagesLoaded, Selectivizr, minify, oauth, Entypo pictograms, Font Awesome, Koloria Icons Pack by Andy Gongea, pc.de Essen Icon Pack, Flag Icons by GoSquared
And I’ve used work of the following authors for the demo site:
Notice, most of these images are not included to the theme.
If you like my work
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Version: 1.0.1- WordPress 4.4 ready - WooCommerce 2.4.10 ready - other minor changes